Tips for Seasonal Allergies
The severity of allergies varies from person to person– from minor irritation to potentially life-threatening emergency.
Common allergy triggers include pollen, animal dander, mold, certain foods, insect stings and medications. Increased risk if you have a family history, have asthma or are a child.
Here are some tips to help relieve your allergy symptoms:
- Avoid know triggers– stay inside on high pollen days.
- Frequently wash bedding and stuffed toys in hot water.
- Use saline nasal irrigation
- Wear medical bracelet
When to see a doctor:
- Symptoms last more than 3 months and it’s hard to work or sleep.
- You have tried over the counter medication and have not found relief.
- You get many sinus infections, headaches, or ear infections.
- You have other, more serious health problems.
Dr. Ernst Jean, MD