For 45 years, VIP Community Services has been a stable resource for people struggling with poverty, homelessness, addiction, and community violence. Every day our staff walks through these doors, we are driven by our mission — to improve the health and well being of our community with integrated medical and behavioral health, housing, and wrap-around services.
The impact of our work and your continued support is growing year by year, and this fiscal year is no different. Here are some of the highlights:
- Moved to our new headquarters and healthcare facility at 770 E. 176th Street
- Opened a 24 Hour Access Center providing around-the-clock entry to care for clients with substance use disorders
- Graduated 32 students from VIP’s Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) Academy
- Launched new programs in pediatrics and ophthalmology; Health Services received a grant to develop a dental program
- Approved to provide mental health care for children ages 5-18
- Vocational Education department held a successful job fair with more than 200 attendees; opened computer lab for trainings, GED prep, and basic education
- Celebrated the 11th anniversary of providing supportive housing to single adults living with HIV/AIDS and mental health disorders
Click on the buttons below to read our 2018-2019 Impact Report or support our work in the Bronx and beyond. Thank you for helping us further our mission to change lives and transform our community.