VIP COMMUNITY SERVICES IS HIRING ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST. JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
Position Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports To: Accounts Payable Manager
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager, provides operational support for accounting
functions necessary to ensure payment of the obligations of the organization by regulatory and agency
procedures to ensure optimum service to all clients and vendors.
- Provide support to the Accounts Payable Department Organization procedures and within
- established timeframes.
- Responsible for processing all invoices accurately and ensuring that the Organization observes payment terms
- and takes advantage of discounts.
- Monitor to time payments with the availability of funds. Ensure accurate posting of all invoices according to procedures through verification and re-calculation.
- Organize invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval.
- Ensure appropriate coding, computation, and record-keeping of all invoices.
- Interact with vendors to promote positive relationships. Maintain filing systems in accordance with organization procedures.
- Process checks and payments according to organization procedures.
- Provide accurate reporting and accounting of all transactions.
- Assist in analyzing department needs to identify budget needs and/or reductions.
- Provide support in maintenance of accounts payable ledger.
- Prepare reports on the status of payables.
- Assist with the process of accurate reporting to regulatory agencies and internal reviews.
- All other duties as assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager or the Department Head.
B. Participate in Job Training and Education Programs, Meetings, and Committees.
? Attend mandatory in-service annually.
? Attend staff meetings.
? Participate in various committees and meetings as requested.
? Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and keep the Accountant II – Accounts Payable aware of changes
required/recommended in agency operations.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years experience in accounting, preferably non-profit organization.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all populations served.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Strong demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of Windows computer systems and programs.
- Strong demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of Accounting computer systems and programs.