VIP COMMUNITY SERVICES IS HIRING DIRECTOR OF SHELTER. JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Housing and Shelter, the Director of Shelters is responsible for the daily oversight of the operational and clinical management of the shelter sites. This position will ensure the delivery of quality services to all clients on a 24-hour basis as per the approved VIP and DHS policies, procedures, and standards.
· Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
· Interviewing, hiring, supervision, scheduling, evaluation and separation of human and support service staff.
· Supervise Assistant Directors in their execution of all matters of clinical services and operations of the programs. Creating clear goals, outcomes and measures that are utilized by supervisors and line staff.
· Supervise other direct reports such as Administrative Assistants, Senior Shift Lead, other shared operational and clinical staff.
· Ensure that charts and recording systems meet proper service control and standards, including DHS, OTDA and other regulatory agencies.
· Ensure evaluation of all organization programs and staff.
· Promote client relations by assisting with receiving complaints and compliments, investigating and resolving all complaints.
· Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities and agency wide CQI committee and ensures CQI plan is implemented for the program.
· Plan with other agencies and develop methods of inter-agency collaboration.
· Ensure accurate reporting to regulatory agencies and internal sources in accordance with regulations and indicated timeframes.
· Maintain statistical data to allow for efficient reporting including weekly census, monthly reports, CARES reports, etc.
· Monitoring budgetary controls and measures.
· Responding to site safety concerns and requirements, including scheduling fire drills and addressing concerns with facilities management staff
· Ensure Staff and agency remains in compliance with Department of Homeless Services contract regulations
· Ensure staff is coordinating client compliance with rules and client responsibilities as indicated in DHS Client Code of Conduct
· Ensure staff are facilitating weekly case reviews with clinical staff
· Preparation of demographic reports and updates regarding targeted client populations for DHS and OTDA review
· Review of facility incidents and ensure appropriate follow-up
· On-going training of staff to ensure compliance with VIP, DHS, and OTDA policies and procedures
· Maintain standards of HIPAA compliance with all client communications
· Ensure adequate staff coverage for all shifts
· Supervise food service compliance
· Promote good community relations through involvement in community affairs and establishment of community outreach programs.
· Attend mandatory in-service annually.
· Attend seminars to further professional development.
· Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and keep VIP abreast of changes required/recommended in the agency operations.
· Minimum Master’s Degree, preferably in Social Work, Psychology, Human Service or related field, LMSW, LCSW a plus
· Minimum five years’ experience in supervision or management
· Minimum five years’ experience in a residential agency or DHS licensed facility.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with all populations served.
· Ability to speak read and write the English language.
· Knowledge of the principles and methods of quality management.
· Experience and knowledge of Windows computer systems and programs.