VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Chief Operations Officer
REPORTS TO: CEO
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief Operating Officer (COO) provides oversight and strategic direction of the agency’s operations and is a key member of the senior leadership team. The COO oversees facilities and transportation services, IT, procurement, risk management including emergency preparedness, housing and shelter, and ensures that processes and systems are in place to enable the entire organization to function smoothly to meet its overall mission of serving patients. Is the CEO’s lieutenant in her absence on all matters except the FQHC.
• Oversees all operational aspects of the agency and ensures all procedures meet federal, state and local regulatory requirements and are in line with policies as established by the Board and funders.
• Ensures all organization’s activities and operations are carried out within compliance of regulatory laws governing business operations.
• Supports and ensures committees of the Board that oversee operational aspects of the organization meet their charters; supports other Board activities as directed.
• Ensures processes, resources and tools are available, within approved budgets, to enable staff across the organization to function in their positions.
• In close collaboration with the Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Strategy Officer and the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), leadership of the programs and FQHC as appropriate, develops strategies and processes to maximize patient and staff safety, including safeguarding patient information through robust IT systems, etc.
• Strategically positions VIP’s housing programs to potentially expand into new markets to better serve clients.
• Oversees all housing initiatives, ensures all requirements are met, and seeks ongoing funding opportunities.
• Graduate degree in human services, public administration or related field.
• 7 years minimum of senior management experience in nonprofit health or social services or related fields.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• The ability to understand systems and related issues as they pertain to multidisciplinary, multisite programs.
• The ability to read documents for analytical purposes such as computer information, software, computer graphic design programs, etc.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org