VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Clinical Counselor for 764 Residence
REPORTS TO: Clinical Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides clinical case management for assigned caseload and general supervision for daily activities and ensures the physical safety and comfort of the clients.
- Provide individual counseling to assigned caseload.
- Document treatment plans including history, intake assessment, progress notes and outcomes in accordance with policy and procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Lead group activities and group therapy.
- Participate in comprehensive interdisciplinary team treatment planning and activities as indicated or scheduled.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, and coworkers, as needed in order to ensure client needs are met.
- Assist in the enforcement of program rules and regulations.
- Assist in the dissemination of program schedules and other information relative to events and activities.
- Assist in the interview process of perspective admissions.
- Monitor medication as authorized by appropriate medical authority.
- LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, or Certified Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years related experience, or Associate degree with 2-4 years related experience, or High School Diploma/equivalency with 4 plus years related experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with the substance abuse population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English Language.
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org