VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
REPORTS TO: CFO
- Oversee accounting operations (Payroll, Accounts Payable, Grants) managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with funders, publishing financial statements, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenses, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
- Monthly and quarterly reconciliations – including A/R collections; Federal and State payroll reporting; cash flow reporting; general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
- Updating and preparing audit schedules; budget support and schedule preparation; Work on special projects
- Manage the company’s revenue cycle management, in coordination with the company’s 3rd party billing provider, including reading and interpreting EOBs and managing accounts receivable.
- Provides administrative supervision of entitlement and credentialing staff health plan marketing representatives. Participate in negotiations with insurance payors to ensure we are receiving proper rates for our services provided.
- Produce KPI reporting including all data and support information: operations metrics, service metrics, monthly revenue reporting and performance to bonus targets.
- To accomplish the above requirements, the ideal Controller candidate must be a strategic, decisive, analytical and capable leader that brings a sophisticated and resourceful approaches to his/her role and responsibilities.
- Must be a seasoned professional with a minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience (i.e. healthcare nonprofits, OASAS programs, FQHC and/or Medicaid/managed care setting) with a degree in Accounting, preferably a Master with a CPA. Experience with grants and contracts, and knowledge of FundEZ software.
- Ability to interact effectively with all customers both internal & external. Advance skills in Excel. Ability to speak, read and fluently write the English language (knowledge of Spanish is a plus).
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com