VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Entitlement Specialist for 716 Residence
REPORTS TO: Program Director
ABOUT THE ROLE: Assist clients with Human Resources Administration (HRA) application, accompany clients to their HRA appointments, update clients’ eligibility, and Recertification of clients.
• Check clients’ eligibility on a weekly basis.
• Do finger imaging for the STARS program on a daily basis.
• Assist clients with their HRA paperwork.
• Update clients’ information as needed.
• Escort clients to their Human Resources Administration (HRA) appointment.
• Responsible for distribution of clients Personal Needs Allowance (PNA).
• Requesting and distribution of clients’ metro cards.
• Associate degree and 5+ years of experience with HRA and eligibility.
• Experience working with STARS preferred.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
• Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
• Experience working with HRA, OASAS, OMH, COMPA and DOH.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org