VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Family Nurse Practitioner
REPORTS TO: Chief Clinical Officer
ABOUT THE ROLE: Provides primary care services across the full age spectrum including health assessments, prescription of medications, and routine pediatric and gynecological care. Utilizes specialized knowledge and skills in Family Practice to ensure delivery of optimal care.
• Performs complete history and physical examinations in accordance with current standards of professional practice, regulatory requirements, and organizational policies.
• Utilizes the nursing process, current standards of professional practice and standards of care in assessing patient needs and developing plans of care.
• Demonstrates competency in diagnosing and prescribing appropriate treatment interventions for the primary care patient and assessing the patient’s response to prescribed treatment modalities.
• Collaborates effectively with medical providers and other clinical disciplines in planning interventions that will best meet the patient needs in a timely manner.
• Prescribes appropriate laboratory / diagnostic procedures and consultative referrals related to the patient’s health status and facilitates appropriate treatment interventions predicated on results of these procedures and consultative reports.
• Identifies patient’s educational needs and utilizes appropriate resources to meet these needs.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing, currently registered in New York State as a Registered Professional Nurse.
• Masters Degree in Family Practice with current certification as a Family Practice Nurse Practitioner and prescriptive privileges as outlined by New York State laws.
• One to three years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a primary or acute care setting.
• Clinical knowledge and experience in managing care of the substance using population is preferred.
• Ability to speak, read and write Spanish preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com