VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Maintenance Associate
REPORTS TO: Supervisor
ABOUT THE ROLE: Under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor, provides general maintenance & environmental services to ensure the cleanliness and safety of all client, staff and visitor areas.
• Sweep and mop the assigned areas daily.
• Maintenance of staff and clients bathrooms twice daily, including replacing bathroom tissue and towels when required.
• General clean up of offices (and common areas) once a week.
• Empty all garbage cans and replacing plastic bags daily or as indicated.
• Line up garbage bags (on designated days) for a pick-up from Sanitation Department daily or as indicated.
• Store deliveries of boxed products according to procedure and regulatory requirements.
• Assure that necessary maintenance supplies are on hand and stored properly, i.e., brooms, mops, pails, detergents, disinfectants, plastic bags, etc.
• Set up chairs and tables for lunch and other activities as assigned.
• Respond to work orders, prioritizing requests.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 2 years general maintenance experience, preferably in a substance abuse or healthcare setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org