VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Physician Assistant for Opioid Treatment Program
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
ABOUT THE ROLE: Provides clinical and medical services for the agency to ensure that optimal quality services are rendered to all clients in a manner consistent with current medical practices and in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
• Perform Medical Procedures And Provide Regular Medical Services As Required For Assigned Clients
• Physical examinations with appropriate referrals to Health Services and/or specialists.
• Modify prescribed methadone dosage take home schedule with recommendations to Associate Medical Doctor.
• Follow-up evaluation at weekly intervals for the first two weeks after admission to assess how well the client has adjusted to dosage and whether there is any evidence of drug idiosyncrasies or patient abuse.
• Maintain logs as required
• Performing or supervising the performance of blood testing with review of results obtained.
• Attend to concerning clinical and medical issues during client care
• Current Physician Assistant License in the State of New York issued by the Bureau of Licensing – NYS DOE. Maintain current certification.
• DEA License
• Infection Control
• Mandated Reporter
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to speak, read and write Spanish preferred.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com