VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: PrEP Specialist/Outreach
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
ABOUT THE ROLE: Outreach/PrEP Specialist will be responsible for initiating engagements process for the purpose of the Program.
• Conduct client-centered PrEP education and adherence counseling services with a focus on client acquisition, engagement and retention.
• Outreach/PrEP Specialist will attempt to make contact with all potential and existing clients for the purpose of introducing, engaging and re-engaging client into VIP Health Services PrEP Program by phone, mail, and home visit and document all attempts.
• Conduct initial assessment, intake on each referral including medical, and interdisciplinary needs.
• Participate in case reviews and interdisciplinary meetings to ensure coordinated delivery of services as scheduled or necessary.
• Provide ongoing education, support and information to clients on pertinent medical issues including HIV prevention.
• Facilitate support groups as assigned or indicated.
• High School diploma or GED with college credits.
• Two (2) years of experience working with this population.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have sensitivity to, interest in and competence in cultural differences, HIV/AIDS, minority communities.
• Ability to speak read and write the English language. Bilingual: Spanish speaker preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with accountability; exercise sound judgment, discretion, and professionalism at all times.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com