VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Procurement Assistant
REPORTS TO: Procurement Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides administrative support to the Procurement Department. They assist in ordering supplies, maintain inventory, track contracts and purchase records.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Assist in determining if inventory quantities are sufficient for anticipated needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to staff and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties as necessary.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders and change or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Supports tracking of contracts, purchases and other analytic functions as may be required.
- High school graduate/GED equivalency
- 1-3 years related experience, preferably in a procurement / purchasing department
- Experience with Excel and other Microsoft products
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education at Monroe College
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com