VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Program Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Program Officer
ABOUT THE ROLE: Responsible for the day-to-day operation and coordination of an OASAS Part 820 certified residential services facility which operates on a 24-hour basis. She/he is responsible for oversight of job performance, guidance of all program employees and for the direct supervision of designated subordinate staff. She/he is responsible for maintaining OASAS regulatory compliance and assuring that programs operate in accordance with VIP Community Services organizational standards for quality care.
- Ensure clinical services meet regulatory requirements of OASAS and VIP Community Services standards.
- Plan, interpret and ensure implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Comply with all OASAS regulations and participates in the certification process.
- Ensure clinical and operational support coverage for facility and maintains on call telephone accessibility.
- Responsible for all personnel actions, including interviewing, hiring, evaluation, promotion, disciplinary action and separation of program staff.
- Provides and implements formal orientation plan to newly hired direct subordinate staff.
- Oversee record and recording systems providing for proper service control and standards, including OASAS and other regulatory agencies.
- Implement budget and accounting systems and fiscal controls.
- Monitor with assistance from the Fiscal Director billing and payroll functions.
- Act as liaison to funding and referral sources, the community-at-large, and the corporate officers.
- Promote good community relations through involvement in community affairs and establishment of community outreach programs.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and keep the Chief Program Officer aware of changes required/recommended in agency operations.
- Graduate degree (Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, etc.) and Qualified Mental Health Professional (e.g. LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, CRC, Ph.D., MSN, CASAC etc.) required.
- Three (3) years administrative or clinical experience working within a substance use/mental health disorder treatment setting required.
- Experience in an OASAS certified residential facility preferred.
- Experience with trauma-informed systems of care and the implementation of evidence-based practices preferred.
- Proficiency with computer operation (Microsoft Word, Excel, Electronic Health Record and Outlook programs).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual, ability to speak Spanish desirable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- This position will require availability as needed including on call responsibilities.
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org