VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
REPORTS TO: FTS Director
ABOUT THE ROLE: Under the direction and supervision of the FTS Director, monitor assigned facility, log daily occurrences, and ensure safety.
- Ensure the safety of all patients, visitors, and staff while they are on the premises.
- Crowd control
- Receives, investigates and evaluates all reports incidents and safety issues.
- Take affirmative action to identify and correct potential safety problems prior to the times they represent a hazard to patients, visitors and staff
- Diffuse volatile situations
- Makes periodic recommendation on the improvement of safety and security.
- Arms and disarms security alarm
- High School Diploma or GED
- NYS Security License
- Eight hour pre assignment training course
- Sixteen hour on the job training course
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all populations served
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish preferred
- FDNY Certification for Fire Guard (F-01/F-02)
- Armed Guard License
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org