VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Vocational Counselor for Opioid Treatment Program
REPORTS TO: Director
ABOUT THE ROLE: Assists staff and clients in developing and implementing a comprehensive program of vocational rehabilitation that will result in clients gaining employment, skills training or education.
- Perform initial intake of all clients to obtain vocational/educational background information, identify preliminary vocational/educational needs and develop preliminary plan of services to meet these needs.
- Conduct a comprehensive educational/vocational assessment, including the taking of complete history, and assessment of capacity to function.
- Utilize the results of the assessment to develop with the client, vocational/rehabilitation plan with short and long range goals and provide and/or coordinate activities which will help the client achieve the goals.
- Provide on-going individual and group counseling to help clients make appropriate vocational decisions and to assist clients toward their established goal.
- Function as an integral member of the treatment team and participate in case conference, team meetings, and in –service workshops.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or related field, plus 3-5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of vocational rehabilitation casework principles and methods.
- Knowledge of the goals and objectives of substance abuse treatment.
- Basic knowledge of human behavior and the requirement of the psycho-social dynamics of substance abusers.
Perks Working for VIP:
• Dress down Fridays
• Discount on gym membership
• Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
• Annual holiday party
• Annual staff picnic
• Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
• Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org