• Promotes an atmosphere of professionalism, cooperation, respect, and dignity in all communication/interaction with clients, their families, and colleagues.
• Facilitates the orderly performance of the agency’s functions by observing policies and standards of conduct.
• Assist clients to ensure the prescribed plan of care is followed.
• Administer medication in conformance with policy and procedures.
• Observe each client for possible signs of intoxication prior to dispensing.
• Observe each client for possible medication side effects and notifies NM/designee immediately.
• Maintains accurate accounting of all medication received and dispensed.
• Document and maintain client medical records adhering to institutional and regulatory agency mandates.
• Performs tasks and responsibilities within the framework of case finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of supportive to or restorative care under the direction of the registered professional nurse.
• Performs duties and tasks within their scope of practice
• Role model for staff and clients
• All other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager.
• Maintain good working relationships with all employees.
Participate in Job Training and Education Programs, Meetings and Committees.
• Attend mandatory in-service annually.
• Participate in various committees and meetings as requested.
• Attend seminars to further professional development.
? Current NYS LPN License
? Current NYS Infection Control Certificate
? Minimum one year experience as an LPN, preferably in a substance abuse treatment program
? Excellent written and oral communication skills.
? Ability to interact effectively with all populations served.
? Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
? Proficiency with computers.
• Must possess sight and digital senses or prosthetics that will enable the essential functions of the job to be completed.