VIP COMMUNITY SERVICES IS HIRING PEER RECOVERY NAVIGATOR. JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of a Qualified Health Professional (preferable CARC and CRPA). The Peer Recovery Navigator (PRN) will provide concrete services geared toward assisting men and women who have histories of medical, behavioral, and mental health needs. The PRN will provide peer support to engage the individual on a continuum of care to help the individual achieve and maintain motivation for continuing their care while maintaining recovery from substance abuse and mental illness.
- Conduct in person outreach to clients having difficulty maintaining adherence to treatment (Mental Health/Medical/Substance Abuse)
- Outreach phone calls and letters as well as follow up
- Accompany clients to appointments
- Make home or agency related visits
- Promote pro-social behaviors
- Assist clients with ADL’s in a hands on way
- Administer SBIRT counseling for short- and long-term encounters
- Co-facilitate groups (HHRP, ADL’s, Recovery Peer Support, & others as directed)
- Participate in outreach events to represent the agency
- Report and record all contact and activities with tenants
- Adhere to confidential policy and HIPPAA protocol as related to tenant’s information/interactions.
- Attend all agency staff meetings.
- Attend annual in-service as required or mandated.
- Maintain good working relationship with all agency staff, client and visitors