VIP COMMUNITY SERVICES IS HIRING SUPERVISORS JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
POSITION TITLE: Shift Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Program Director
VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
Please visit www.vipservices.org to learn more.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Program Director provides crisis management, counseling when needed and general oversight to ensure the agency’s operation is consistent with safety, regulatory guidelines and requirements and the organization’s procedures to ensure optimum service to all clients.
· Performs hourly rounds of each floor to ensure the safety of the clients and adherence to rules and regulations.
· Responds to client issues and concerns according to procedure or instructions, providing counsel where appropriate.
· Conducts supervision with assigned supervisees
· Conducts/participates in fire drills and ensure compliance with regulations and procedures.
· Places calls to vacancy control between 10:30 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
· Responds according to procedure when NYC police/parole officers, DHS staff and the NYC Coalition for the Homeless enter the facility.
· Mandatory Callahan participation required
· Responds to security when clients are problematic.
· Responsible for food warming, and in the serving of breakfast, lunch / dinner
· Completes Incident Reports and Supervision of Shift Lead and Counselor Assistant
· Responsible for cleaning of serving utensils and pots,
· Responsible for complete facility paperwork as needed (F02 logbook, F-80 logbook, Kitchen maintenance log)
· Communicates all incidents to the appropriate parties as indicated or assigned and keep the Assistant Director informed of all issues relative to the operation and clients
· Enters CARES data (i.e., bedding a client, progress notes and incident reports)
· Monitors telephone calls made by clients
· Keeps an open line of communication with Program Director and Assistant Director and report day to day operations and issues pertaining to clients
· Maintains excellent working relationships with all clients, staff and visitors
· Participates in training, workshops and/or educational programs as assigned or indicated
· Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director, Assistant Director or designee
· Updates logbooks, and update roster
· Completes bed checks