VIP Community Services is dedicated to changing lives and transforming our community. We offer a continuum of services to individuals with histories of chemical dependency. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency.
TITLE: Registered Nurse (RN)
REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE: Utilizing the nursing process and evidenced based practice, provides holistic, quality, cost effective nursing care, that promotes recovery, safety, health, and wellness.
- Demonstrate understanding of OASAS 820 regulations.
- Able to provide nursing care to patients in the 3 elements of Residential Redesign known as Stabilization, Rehabilitation & Reintegration.
- Reviews patient medical records including consent for all patients being admitted for ambulatory detoxification with on-site monitoring.
- Utilize the clinical opioid withdrawal scale (COWS) or other opiate withdrawal scale to assess patient for signs & symptoms of opiate withdrawal.
- Assess and monitor patients undergoing medication assisted detoxification in accordance with policy and procedure.
- During stabilization: Recognize conditions that require Immediate intervention and responds appropriately adhering to department policy/procedure.
- Able to complete required documentation on all assigned patients adhering to department policy, procedure, and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assume “Charge Nurse” responsibilities in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
- Current NYS RN License
- RN A.A.S. degree (BSN preferred).
- Minimal 3 years’ experience working inpatient or outpatient detox/rehab, residential treatment
- Current Infection Control Certificate
- Current BCLS completion card
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all populations served.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Proficiency with computers.
Perks Working for VIP:
- Dress down Fridays
- Discount on gym membership
- Tuition reduction rate on continuing education
- Annual holiday party
- Annual staff picnic
- Medical/ Dental/ 403(B)
- Transit discount for parking and MTA
VIP Community Services provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com