Mobile Medication Unit (MMU)
Unprecedented rates of overdose deaths call for innovative programs that expand access to and engagement in overdose prevention and treatment services. With support from the Office of Addiction Services and Support (OASAS), VIP’s Mobile Medication Unit (MMU) will expand opioid treatment services through community-based partnerships with long-term care facilities and congregate settings such as residential substance use disorder (SUD) treatment programs, shelters, and correctional facilities. MMU services will increase VIP’s geographic reach and reduce barriers to accessing Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) across NYC boroughs.
The MMU services include:
- Medication induction, administration, and observation of methadone and buprenorphine
- Initial and annual physical examinations
- Counseling services (hybrid in-person/remote availability)
- Peer support services (hybrid in-person/remote availability)
- Vocational counseling (hybrid in-person/remote availability)
- Opioid overdose prevention and education
The MMU staffing include:
- Registered Nurse
- Client Care Coordinator
- Medical Provider
- Peer Support Specialist
The MMU Leadership Team includes:
- Ellen Hoffman, Assistant Vice-President, MAT
- Joseph McCrawford, Director of Nursing, Substance Use Disorder
- Justin Mitchell, Chief Program Officer
For more information, contact Ellen Hoffman, Senior Director of Medication-Assisted Treatment, at 718-466-8954 or EHoffman@vipservices.org.
Click here to read more about our Mobile Medication Unit in the news!