Health Home Care
VIP\’s Health Home Care team serves as the liaison between clients and various behavioral and healthcare providers, with the goal of decreasing the avoidable hospitalizations and emergency department visits, while promoting health and wellbeing.
OurHealth Home Care provides services that enable individuals to become healthy, productive and self-sufficient.
The New York State Department of Health has established the Health Home Program to offer more services to ensure clients get the care and services they need to stay healthy. Through our Health Home Program we coordinate mental health, primary care, and behavioral health services for clients with multiple chronic illnesses. We also coordinate referrals to hospitals, clinics, housing programs, and other social services.
Clients receive assistance to resolve housing issues, address income and legal matters, and help with medical care, along with many other needs, including family services.
Are You Eligible?
VIP’s Health Home Care Coordination Program is designed for Medicaid clients living with two or more serious medical or mental health conditions. For example:
- High Blood Pressure
- Drug or Alcohol Abuse
What Are The Benefits?
- Increased access to Care.
- Assistance with managing and understanding medications.
- Access to crisis support services.
- Improved communication between all care providers to ensure timely services.
- Support for housing, transportation, education, employment, Medicaid, public assistance, and other personal goals.
- Improvement of health.
- Individual counseling and Personal Care Coordinator.